"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow" - anonymous

Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm Still here!

I want to apologize for dropping off the radar for a few days, been sick and just didn't have the ability to post or anything. Ever find it difficult to get back into the swing of every day life when you haven't been able to function due to illness or other interruptions of life?  So my husband and I haven't had much time for each other due to us working, kids, and other things going on.  I mentioned this last week, that we had to work on our relationship because I refuse to let us drift apart and our marriage be ruined. He agreed with me but there still hasn't been much done to fix the problems we are having.  I know it takes time to repair the drifting, non-communication and what not, but I am little frustrated by it.  Just need to keep trying to reconnect the way we used to when we first started our love story, that romance and passion I never wanted to lose but somehow it did along the way.  My husband and I met online via Myspace, oddly enough I do not even go there anymore.  I had a few people send me messages and usually unless I know you, I do not write to you or allow to be on my friends.  The first guy, I started talking to was funny and nice and we really seemed to click.  Then my husband starting writing me and at first I wasn't going to add him but decided to try it.  At first he seemed a little forward and pushy and I wasn't sure if I wanted to get to know him. The other guy and I stopped talking for some reason or another.  So my husband and I were able to get closer and finally we decided to meet, it was on May 22, 2007.  We decided to meet at Pizza hut, I know not that most romantic of choices but still it wasn't bad.  I was so nervous walking up to his car, which was easy to spot as his was the only New York License plate there.  He stepped out of the car and a smile instantly hit my face, but I was still shaking like a leaf on the inside.  We went inside and it took a while for both of us to open up and be comfortable, but we really seemed to hit it off. After we ate, we decided to take a drive. We both hopped into my car and I took him around some of my favorite places to go, one of them happened to be the bridge in North Newport, we sat and talked for a while.  Then we went to my friends place to pick up my daughter, and then I dropped him off at his car.  Just as I was getting into my car, he grabbed me and kissed me, taking my breathe away.  From that moment on he had my heart and soul, and we have been together ever since.  For months he would drive down to see me every few days, even if it was only for a few hours and then go home to work the next day. Finally we decided to move in together, at first we were going to have him come down to Claremont, where I lived.  But his house wasn't selling so we decided to have me come there, which is how I came to be in New York.  It is a beautiful town and its taken a lot of adjusting to not have my friends and family close by. But I do not regret a moment of my decision because I have a wonderful home, and family here and some pretty terrific friends as well.  I miss my hometown and especially all the people in it, but I do get to visit them from time to time.  I had moved to New York in November of 2007, and I found out that Jaunary that I was expecting my son.  We had planned on Marrying the summer of 2008 but due to my son's arrival we decided to wait a little longer.  We finally were able to Marry, May 23, 2010, it was a beautiful day that I will never forget. I finally was able to pledge in front of my family, friends and the lord my love for this wonderful man in my life. Who not only wanted me but he also wanted my beautiful little girl as well.  Now to get back that connection that seems to have dimmed here and there over the years.  Because I am not giving up without one hell of a fight, because as many of you who know me I am a extremely stubborn person and it takes a lot for me to give up on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment